The IAOS-Moose Jaw Board would like to inform all brothers and sisters that Eid Al-Adha will be on Tuesday, July 20th 2021. There are will be two groups of prayer times :
Group 1: 7:45 am – 8:00 am
Group 2: 8:15 am – 8:30 am
Eid and Jumaah Prayer Guidelines for the safety of the community against continuing Covid-19 Infection:
The IAOS-Moose Jaw’s Board decided to continue with the following guidelines to protect the Muslim community against Covid-19 virus variants infection.
- Wearing MASK will be mandatory for all Eid and Jummah Prayers
- The main prayers halls ( for both brothers and sisters) will be shoulder-to-shoulder prayer, with no social distance, but MASK is mandatory.
- The basement will be reserved for brothers who are taking extra precautions. Social distance and MASk wearing will be mandatory in the basement.
- Everyone will be checked for body temperature. If your body temperature is 6 oC or above you will be asked to go home as this is the fever temperature.
- Bringing Prayer mats is optional, but is highly recommended
On June 07, 2021, a heinous act took the life of four members of a Muslim family while seriously injuring one in London, Ontario driven by hate and islamophobia. The Islamic Association of Saskatchewan, Moose jaw (IAOS-Moose Jaw) mourns with the family and condemns this terrorist attack. IAOS-Moose Jaw calls upon political leaders of all parties to take concrete steps towards addressing the root causes of such hate crime and make Canada a place where people because of their Islamic faith do not feel scared and terrorized.