ASSALAMU ALAIKUM WARAHAMATULLAHI WABARAKAATUHU
IN LINE WITH RECOMMENDATIONS OF THE CANADIAN COUNCIL OF IMAMS (CCI) AND THE MUSLIM MEDICAL ASSOCIATION OF CANADA(MMAC), THE GENERAL PUBLIC IS HEREBY INFORMED THAT ALL CONGREGATIONAL ACTIVITIES AND SERVICES OFFERED AT THE IAOS MASJID IN MOOSE JAW ARE SUSPENDED WITH IMMEDIATE EFFECT UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. THE HEALTH, WELL-BEING AND SAFETY OF THE COMMUNITY, AND THE PUBLIC AT LARGE, IS OUR TOPMOST PRIORITY. WE CAN NO LONGER TAKE ANY CHANCE AT THE INCREASING RISKS OF CONTRACTING AND SPREADING THIS FATAL VIRUS IN THE MASJID AND ITS SURROUNDINGS.
THEREFORE, AS OF MARCH 22, 2020, THERE WILL NO JUMMAH (FRIDAY PRAYERS), NO DAILY CONGREGATIONAL PRAYERS, NO ISLAMIC (MADRASSA) CLASSES OR ANY OTHER FORM OF GATHERING IN THE MASJID UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
WE WILL CONTINUE TO CLOSELY MONITOR DEVELOPMENTS OF THE COVID-19 CRISIS AND WILL NOT HESITATE TO RE-OPEN THE MASJID AT THE ADVICE OF OUR LEADERS, HEALTH EXPERTS AND THE GOVERNMENT OF SASKATCHEWAN.
WE UNDERSTAND THAT THE CONTINUED SPREAD OF THIS FATAL VIRUS IS GENERATING UNCERTAINTY AND FEAR FOR MANY. ACCORDINGLY, YOU ARE ADVISED TO AVOID RUMORS, EXERCISE EXTREME CAUTION, AND FOLLOW ONLY THE ADVICE OF HEALTH EXPERTS AND THE SASKATCHEWAN HEALTH AUTHORITY RELATING TO THIS PANDEMIC. NEW AND UPDATED INFORMATION ON COVID-19 IN SASKATCHEWAN IS AVAILABLE ON THE GOVERNMENT WEBSITE AT:
MAY ALLAH FORGIVE OUR MISTAKES, CONTINUE TO HAVE MERCY ON AND BLESS US ALL DURING THESE EXTRAORDINARILY DIFFICULT TIMES (AMEEN).
JAZAKALLAHU KHAIRUNRead More
All Brothers and Sisters are welcome to weekly Madras at the Masjid.
Day: Mondays – Thursdays
Time: After Isha prayer
Topic: Quran Tafsir.
Current topic: Surat Al-Baqara
Every Sunday after Maghrib Prayer will be a lecture and discussion on various Islamic topics. (Please email Imam for the topics that you think will be beneficial for the Muslim community).
- Sunday, December 15th, 2019:
Discussion on four books; the four mentioned by name in the Quran are the Tawrat (Torah or the Law) revealed to Musa (Moses), the Zabur (Psalms) revealed to Dawud (David), the Injil (the Gospel) revealed to Isa (Jesus), and the Quran revealed to Muhammad.
Moose Jaw Rotary Club visited the masjid today. They were about 12 members. The IAOS-Moose Jaw’s President, Imam and two sisters helped with the tour and answer questions. There were a lot of questions about Islam and Rotary members stayed to observe Dhuhr prayer.
The Islamic Association is grateful for such a visit, which make the Islamic community closer to the Moose Jaw community.
- The AGM will be on 29 September 2019 at 2:30 pm in the Masjid at 73 Lancaster Rd.
- Register or renew your membership before 29 August 2019.
- New members and those who renewed their membership are eligible to attend the AGM, nominate members of the board, and be nominated as board members.
- The AGM will elect the President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasure Secretary, and three Directors as board members.
- Membership forms are available
- To download from the website (https://iasmoosejaw.com/masjid-info/
- From Secretary – Abdul Ally
- At the Masjid desk
- Submit the forms to Treasure Secretary – Dr. Yusuf and pay the fee
- The board’s nomination forms are available from the Secretary. Fill the form properly and submit to the election committee, which will be elected in the AGM Sept. 29, 2019
- Annual Registration Fee: Family $40.00 and Single $20.00
- You can view the Financial report end June 30, 2019 here
NOMINATION FORMSRead More