All Brothers and Sisters are welcome to weekly Madras at the Masjid.
Day: Mondays – Thursdays
Time: After Isha prayer
Topic: Quran Tafsir.
Current topic: Surat Al-Baqara
Every Sunday after Maghrib Prayer will be a lecture and discussion on various Islamic topics. (Please email Imam for the topics that you think will be beneficial for the Muslim community).
- Sunday, December 15th, 2019:
Discussion on four books; the four mentioned by name in the Quran are the Tawrat (Torah or the Law) revealed to Musa (Moses), the Zabur (Psalms) revealed to Dawud (David), the Injil (the Gospel) revealed to Isa (Jesus), and the Quran revealed to Muhammad.
Moose Jaw Rotary Club visited the masjid today. They were about 12 members. The IAOS-Moose Jaw’s President, Imam and two sisters helped with the tour and answer questions. There were a lot of questions about Islam and Rotary members stayed to observe Dhuhr prayer.
The Islamic Association is grateful for such a visit, which make the Islamic community closer to the Moose Jaw community.
- The AGM will be on 29 September 2019 at 2:30 pm in the Masjid at 73 Lancaster Rd.
- Register or renew your membership before 29 August 2019.
- New members and those who renewed their membership are eligible to attend the AGM, nominate members of the board, and be nominated as board members.
- The AGM will elect the President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasure Secretary, and three Directors as board members.
- Membership forms are available
- To download from the website (https://iasmoosejaw.com/masjid-info/
- From Secretary – Abdul Ally
- At the Masjid desk
- Submit the forms to Treasure Secretary – Dr. Yusuf and pay the fee
- The board’s nomination forms are available from the Secretary. Fill the form properly and submit to the election committee, which will be elected in the AGM Sept. 29, 2019
- Annual Registration Fee: Family $40.00 and Single $20.00
- You can view the Financial report end June 30, 2019 here
NOMINATION FORMSRead More
According to the Hilal community in Toronto, there was no confirmation of moon sighting today June 3rd (29th of Ramadan). Tomorrow will be our 30th day of fasting and Eid Ul-Fitr prayer will be on Wednesday, 5th June (1st day of Shawal). Eid prayer will at 8:00 am in the Masjid.Read More